Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bats at the Beach Childrens Book Review

We purchased this book this week on Amazon and received it today.  First of all it was much bigger than I anticipated.  I was thinking it would be a small board book but it really is a lap hardbound book.  Second my son grabbed it, sat down and started reading.  As a homeschool mom any book that makes him do that gets bonus points.

Bats at the Beach has beautiful illustrations, a cute story and a little song at the end.  My children loved learning and singing the song.  My son who is in first grade (newly 6) is sitting and holding this book in the picture below.  He read the book in one sitting!  This is huge for him.  He highly recommends this book and plans to read it over and over again this week. 
Note to parents and Teachers:
This book kept the attention of all three of my children (ages 3-8).  It is rated a 1.5 reading level.


No comments:

Post a Comment